Meet Our Staff and Leadership Team
Senior Pastor - Seeking Candidate
HCC PREACHING SCHEDULE:
March 5th – Sam Strange
March 12th – Sam Strange
March 19th – Rondell Ramsey
March 26th – Rondell Ramsey
April 2nd – Rondell Ramsey
April 9th – Rondell Ramsey
April 16th – Sam Strange
April 23rd – Sam Strange
April 30th – Youth Sunday
May 7th – Rondell Ramsey
May 14th – Rondell Ramsey
May 21st – Sam Strange
May 28th – Sam Strange
Hey Candi Evans here! Your all-in-one family ministry from birth to college youth minister at HCC! How did I get here? Good question! As with any other part of my life journey, it all begins with faith! When I was in the fourth grade, I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as my Savior at Vacation Bible School, which challenged me to live each day for Him. A journey of faith is never smooth or without its trials but I can honestly say how God has worked in my life on several different occasions calling me into full-time ministry – for like the last 25 years and still counting! Shhhh—don’t tell the kids I am that old!
God has done so much in my life that I love to share it with others! Below are just a few fun facts about me that nobody has asked to know but might come in handy the next time you play “10 things you didn’t ask or need to know about your youth pastor” trivia game -
- Candi could survive on ice cream alone….it might be God’s greatest creation!
- Candi’s first vehicle…a very old, rusted but still blue, short mini-school bus! Talk about making a statement in high school!
- Candi runs like a girl, hits like a boy, and laughs like a child!
- Candi has a tractor addiction – she loves to be on the farm, riding in a tractor anytime she can!
- Candi can auctioneer – now you know why she talks so fast!
- Candi might have a book addiction -- -look in her office for confirmation of this fact! If you need a good book, check out Love Does by Bob Goff, All in and Prayer Circle by Mark Batterson, anything by Doug Fields or Max Lucado, Simplify by Bill Hybels ….do I need to keep going????
- Candi has not been on a date with a guy since she started youth ministry….might be why she is still single!
- Candi can drive the church bus anywhere but can’t operate the zero-turn mower at the church without hitting something!
- Candi’s favorite tools beside her bible – electric staple gun, cordless drill and a hot knife! There is nothing she can’t do with these 3 items!
- Candi’s favorite past time activities include spending time with her 3 siblings and their families (loves her nieces and nephews), walking or riding her bike, going to Funk’s Grove, swinging on “her” porch swing, hanging with friends, and making or repurposing things.
If you made it past that list, some of you are still asking what qualifies Candi to be our Youth and Childrens’ Minister! Fine, here are the details you might want to know! Yes, I graduated from Abilene Christian University with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Human Resources and Psychology, received my Master of Divinity from Lincoln Christian University in Christian Education and Family Life, working on a Spiritual Direction Certification from SMU.
Before and while being in youth ministry, I have worked at State Farm Insurance for 6 years in Human Resources, was a college athlete then became a volunteer coach, worked and still am working as a substitute teacher at Olympia and Heyworth schools, led and been on over 23 mission trips with teenagers believing this is one of the greatest outreaches that change students’ lives.
So how did I get here today? Pretty simple, I opened my heart to the Lord and allowed Him to take ownership. God has revealed my passion for changing young adults’ lives and making a difference for Him. Standing on the promise of I Corinthians 2:9, it reveals what God has be able to accomplish with the ministries I have been responsible for: “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him.” As the scripture states, I could never imagine I would be where I am today. God has blessed me so much more than I deserve. There is no doubt in my mind that God has called me to serve. God has flamed the passion in my heart to teach and minister to the needs of the youth and young adults in our communities.
Director of God's Garden Preschool
Victoria Crow has been appointed to the Director/ Head Teacher position at God’s Garden Preschool at Heyworth Christian Church. Victoria and her husband, Jacob reside in the Heyworth area with their children Tristan (10), Silas (8), Bianca (7) and Layla (6). Before accepting this position Victoria had taught at New Holland-Middletown, Jacksonville School District and 8 Points Charter. The past five years she has been a stay-at-home mom and taught last year at God’s Garden Preschool part-time. She is very excited to serve the young children of our community in their first years of education and Christian foundations.
Please contact me about God's Garden Preschool at:
Ms. Victoria 309-473-2271 firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello! My name is Amber and I'm excited to be here! My husband, John, and I have lived here for 12 years. We have 2 children...Colt (10) and Grace (5). We also have 1 four legged baby named Memphis. I enjoy hanging with hubby, spending time with my kids and attending all my lil' guys sporting events! If I am not in the church office, you can bet on having a really good chance of seeing me at the ball park cheering on my favorite team! Some of my other favorite things would be any kind of animal except maybe snakes (Yuck!), hot cocoa, ice tea and being outdoors!
Don't hesitate to stop by our church office because I will be the one sitting behind the desk to help you anyway I can!