The wedding ceremony should be a significant event, containing traditions that reflect spiritual truths. The main purpose is the uniting of two lives into one through the exchanging of vows. Since the vows are made before God, they deserve a proper service that is in worship to Him. HCC is here to help you plan this special day.
Any couple requesting to have a wedding at HCC, or for a staff member to perform the ceremony at another location, must complete the Wedding Request Form below. Upon completion, we will contact you to schedule a meeting to discuss the wedding date, facility usage guidelines, plans, and other ideas. At this meeting the HCC Wedding Agreement will be reviewed and signed by the couple and the HCC minister performing the ceremony.
It is the responsibility of the couple to obtain the marriage license prior to the wedding. The HCC staff member will be responsible for mailing the marriage license to the county office. Regarding aspects of the ceremony, such as programs, flowers and musicians, it is the responsibility of the couple to make these arrangements.
We believe that God’s intention is for a husband and wife to be married for life. Our desire is to help the couple prepare for both the wedding ceremony and a healthy lifelong marriage. For a HCC staff member to perform the ceremony the bride and groom must participate in premarital preparation sessions conducted by a Christian counselor. A signed document from the counselor signifying the completion of each of the marriage preparation sessions will be required.
- Fill out our Wedding Request Form at our HCC office .
- Upon approval of Wedding Request Form, you can download the Wedding Questionnaire.
- Schedule meeting with our wedding coordinator. Please bring your completed Wedding Questionnaire.
- Meet with the staff member performing your ceremony.
(Only HCC ministry staff members perform weddings at the HCC facilities).
- Schedule your premarital counseling sessions.
- A fee of $200 will be charged for the use of the facility and is to be paid directly to Heyworth Christian Church.
- A fee of $200 will be charged for the HCC wedding coordinator, sound technician and custodian. This can be paid directly to HCC, or arrangements can be made to pay individuals directly.
- A fee of $150 is to be paid directly to the HCC staff member performing the ceremony. There are other costs associated with our wedding planner and sound technician (required). They will be explained by our wedding planner.
- A deposit of $100 is required after your wedding request has been approved in order for us to schedule your wedding on the church calendar.
- ***All fees associated with your wedding are due 30 days prior to the ceremony.
- Christian Counselor (required) is about $250 to be paid directly to the counseling organization. There will be 6 to 10 sessions, so it is a good idea to schedule this early in your planning process. Premarital counseling may also be done by the Pastor or Youth Minister without charge, depending on their schedules.
In order to meet the requirements for a wedding at HCC, we recommend that you initiate the wedding process 12 months prior to your wedding date. HCC does not schedule weddings on Easter and Thanksgiving weekends, or the weeks before or after Christmas. We also do not schedule weddings after 4 pm.